The Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden Complex, which comprises three parcels with a total of 11.82 acres, is home to more than 200 species of native and Polynesian-introduced plants, including 17 listed as endangered. Owned by Bishop Museum since 1974, for over 30 years the Garden served the public as an educational and research facility focused on plants that grew in the traditional farms and native forests of Kona. The Garden closed to the public in 2016. Located in Kealakekua, the Garden is set amongst the most intact remnants of the Kona Field System. The property includes a Visitor Center completed in 2011, an older residence, agricultural structures, and protected cultural sites. The parcels have deed restrictions for ethnobotanical use. To be sold As Is and Where Is.
- Original list price$1,970,000
- Days on market90
- Price per sqft$4/sqft
82-6160 Hawaii Belt Road, Captain Cook, HI, 96704
- NeighborhoodTanaka Sub.
- Land area514879 sqft / 11.82 acres
- City of Big IslandCaptain Cook
- RegionSouth Kona
- IslandBig Island
- Land tenureFS - Fee Simple
Amenities & Features
- Documents AvailableOther, Title Search
- Land UseAgricultural, Other, Residential
- EasementsEgress, Electric, Ingress
- SewerCesspool, Septic
- Surface Road FrontageCounty Rd, Paved Rd
- Possible UseNursery, Other, Park/Recreation, Single Family
- DisclosuresBuyer Restrictions, See Remarks
- Utilities IncludedElectricity, Public Water
Data provided by Greatschools.org
Neighborhood - Tanaka Sub.
|Feb 28, 2018||New Listing||$1,970,000||$3.83||MLS 201805090|
- Current Property Taxes p/month$17
- Property Tax Year2018
- Assessed Improvement value$380,000
- Assessed Land value$462,500
- MLS #201805090
- Land RecordedRegular System
- Zoning51 - AG-1
- Lot DescriptionOther
- Property SetbacksOf Record
- Total Assessed value$842,500
Agent viewpoints of 82-6160 Hawaii Belt Road, Captain Cook, HI, 96704
We do not have an Agent Viewpoint for this listing yet.
As soon as we do, we post it here.
Request more info